FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Front of the House Manager
Responsible for providing a warm and inviting environment for all upon guests’ arrival/departure, and during all interactions throughout the guests’ visits. Work alongside service and support staff to provide a great dining experience to 96 Café’s guests, while maintaining a professional attitude and work environment.
- Must maintain a professional and welcoming attitude while at work.
- Responsible for taking reservations, greeting and seating guests, and thanking guests as they depart.
- Maintain a presence at host stand except for when completing relevant job duties requiring leaving the host area.
- Maintain cleanliness of host stand and front entryway along with upkeep of menus, wine lists, reserved signs and host stand.
- Serve as first and last impression of the restaurant to our guests.
- Assign all necessary tables pre-shift and provide servers with appropriate chits.
- Ensure host stand and front foyer and patio area surrounding front door are clean and free of debris.
- Open the front door for guests and provide a warm welcome to guests entering the restaurant.
- Find guests’ reservations, and manage the walk-in business to efficiently seat guests.
- Walk guests back to the table, engaging in conversation while walking at a comfortable pace.
- Pull out chairs, seat guests, provide menus once seated.
- Inform guests of the server’s name and thank them for coming.
- Return unused wine lists and menus back to the host stand.
- Assist in keeping the host stand up to date on tables’ status.
- Open the door upon guest departure and thank them for coming/invite them to return.
- Answer phones throughout shift, taking reservations and directing calls to appropriate personnel as necessary.
- Additional opening and closing side work-related job duties: cleaning, stocking, setting up host stand for next shift.
- High school diploma or general education degree preferred
- Previous restaurant experience in similar positions preferred but not required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests and employees.
- Must complete menu training with 90% or higher on all tests.
- Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure