FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Front of the House Manager
Dishwashers are responsible for keeping the area clean and safe while ensuring the cleanliness and sanitization of dishes, tableware, glassware, pots, pans, and utensils through manual cleaning methods.
- Scrape, rinse, and wash and sanitize all pans, utensils, and dishes
- organize clean dishes properly
- Empty trash containers regularly
- Maintain a clean work area and kitchen by sweeping and mopping as needed
- Perform additional cleaning duties as requested
- Clean food prep stations and equipment
- High school diploma or general education degree preferred
- Previous restaurant experience in similar positions preferred but not required.
- Previous restaurant experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of sanitation procedures
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests and employees.
- Must complete menu training with 90% or higher on all tests.
- Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SafeServe or other food handlers certificate