FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Front of the House Manager
Cooks are responsible for providing a pleasurable dining experience for customers by preparing high quality food in an environment that meets sanitation guidelines. The duties range from preparing ingredients to be cooked, to being responsible for grilling all foods.
- Prepare food items for customers as requested, including special requests, in a timely and consistent manner
- Determine food and supply needs based on rotating menus
- Inspect food products and supplies as needed
- Ensure work environment and stations are clean and sanitized
- Check food before it is served to customers
- Control and minimize waste
- Comply with outlined safety regulations and procedures
- Clean food prep stations and equipment
- High school diploma or general education degree preferred
- Previous restaurant experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with general kitchen equipment and appliances
- Strong working knowledge of food preparation techniques, cooking methods, and safety and sanitation practices
- Ability to cook food following recipes
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests and employees.
- Must complete menu training with 90% or higher on all tests.
- Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SafeServe or other food handlers certificate
- Ability to pass a food service sanitation course