FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Front of the House Manager
Responsible for assisting with the delivery of all items from the kitchen to the dining room floor. Work alongside servers to provide a great dining experience to 96 Café’s guests, while maintaining a professional attitude and work environment.
- Must maintain a professional and welcoming attitude while at work.
- Maintain an equally balanced presence between kitchen and floor whenever possible.
- Assist with delivery and serving of all food items to appropriate guests utilizing pivot point system.
- Clean, sanitize, and reset tables after meals
- Set up and breakdown the restaurant
- Assist chef team with continual upkeep of kitchen including restocking of appropriate silverware and plateware, cleaning of all surfaces and floors throughout the kitchen.
- Assist chef team with the closing of the kitchen, including the return of all appropriate food items to their cooler locations.
- Maintain cleanliness of general service areas by sweeping/mopping and keeping floors and chairs near dining tables clean
- May be cross-trained as/called upon to execute duties in other positions when necessary.
- High school diploma or general education degree preferred
- Previous restaurant experience in similar positions preferred but not required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests and employees.
- Must complete menu training with 90% or higher on all tests.
- Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Servsafe or similar Food Handler’s Certificate