FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Front of the House Manager
Responsible for ensuring the 96 Café’s guests dining experience is enjoyable, well-timed, and memorable while maintaining a professional and inviting attitude.
- greet customers with a professional and inviting attitude
- take customer orders and relay them accurately to relevant team members
- anticipate guests’ needs in order to facilitate and enjoyable dining experience
- Help guests select menu items by thoroughly going over the food and drink selections; recommending cocktails, suggesting courses, and explaining chef’s features
- serve food and beverages
- clear, properly clean and set tables between uses
- collect payment from customers in a timely manner
- assist in training new employees as required
- Advise managers of any special accommodations, such as specific food allergies prior to reporting it to the kitchen.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of tables and dining area around guests
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to exceed customer expectations
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests and employees.
- Must complete menu training with 90% or higher on all tests.
- Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Servsafe or similar Food Handler’s Certificate