FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Front of the House Manager.
Our bartenders are expected to provide a great dining experience to restaurant guests, while maintaining a professional attitude and work environment. Responsible for the accurate creation and presentation of all alcoholic and other bar beverages to guests.
- Must maintain a professional and welcoming attitude while at work.
- Provide the same service required of servers to the guests in the dining area or at the bar.
- Responsible for stocking and helping maintain inventory of all bar beverages and supplies.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness throughout the bar area.
- Ensure all bar chairs and tables are properly placed, and floor is free of debris.
- Sales and proper recording of all gift cards.
- Complete opening, running and closing side work related to job duties: cleaning, stocking, setting and breaking down tables, etc.
- Must be TABC certified
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Servsafe or similar Food Handler’s Certificate
- Basic understanding of wine, wine varietals, and growing regions is preferred
- Basic understanding of mixed drinks preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to exceed customer expectations
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests and employees
- Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure